In The Name Of Allah (God), The Beneficent, The Merciful
Happy Saviours’ Day 2013:
Vending Information for Saviours’ Day Bazaar:
As-Salaam-Alaikum: (Peace Be Unto You)
May this letter find you and your family in the best of health and spirit.
Thank you so very much for your desire to be a Vendor for our Historic Saviours’ Day Celebration starting on Thursday, February 21st thru Sunday, February 24, 2013. This year’s Saviours’ Day Celebrations will be one of the greatest events of our lifetime, and your support will add to the beauty and the majesty of this historic event.
The Saviours’ Day Bazaar will be held at the Downtown Chicago Hilton Hotel, in the Southwest Exhibit Hall.
This new Vending location will truly provide a tremendous opportunity for you to showcase your merchandise to a warm and supportive crowd beginning on Thursday and ending on Sunday. We are working to ensure that we enjoy an audience of thousands to support the Vending Bazaar for the Saviours’ Day Convention.
The application process is very simple, and you can be assured we will do our very best to satisfy every single vendor from beginning to end.
For 2013 we are in a new venue with new rules, so please read the guidelines very carefully so you can understand your options. After you read the guidelines, please take a moment and complete the Vendor Application with as much detailed information as possible. You will receive a confirmation of payment once the application is completed in full.
No Food or Beverage Selling Is Allowed:
Booth Sound Levels will be monitored for those using speakers and/or television monitors. Please be courteous to your neighbors and keep your volume within your 10X10 booth area.
Please know that if any vendor is found in violation of the food & beverage policy or the noise policy, Saviours’ Day reserves the right to remove the vendor from the premises and no refunds will be granted. In addition, if any vendor falsifies the items that you list as selling items, you are in jeopardy of being removed from the vending area and no refunds will be granted.
The Vendor information is as follows:
- The Bazaar Booth price is only $400.00. This price includes vendor load-in on Thursday, February 21st, with continued vending thru Sunday February 24, 2013 (if you decide to stay for Sunday) at The Chicago Hilton Hotel. It’s possible to leave on Saturday if you so desire.
Special Note: There is no vending at the UIC Pavilion on Sunday, but vendors are permitted to maintain their booth space at the Hilton Hotel until Sunday night. There will be an overflow crowd at the Hotel to enjoy the Keynote Address via a Big Screen, so vendors can stay and try to sell more merchandise. However, there is a Saturday load-out for vendors who want to leave Saturday night, so please read the following guidelines carefully to help you decide which day you want to leave the vending area.
Saturday load-out procedures are different from the Sunday load-out procedures, so read the following information carefully.
- Vending Booth includes a 10’X10’ Vending Area, 8 Foot Skirted Table, Two Chairs, Vendor’s Booth Sign, an Official Vendor Badge, and most of all, an enthusiastic audience of thousands to support each of us for the Saviours’ Day Convention.
- Vendor “primary” Load-in Day is Thursday, February 21st. Load-In time is 8am-4pm. THURSDAY LOAD-IN IS ENCOURAGED AND IS IN YOUR BEST INTEREST, AS LOAD-IN ON THURSDAY HAS UNION HELP.
- Vendors can arrive on Friday, but load-in procedures on Friday are very different than Thursday. ON FRIDAY THERE IS NO UNION HELP AND PARKING ON THE STREET TO LOAD-IN IS NOT POSSIBLE. On Friday only hotel Bellman and their carts can be used to “wheel” merchandise into the hotel. Vendors can however “CARRY” their materials into the hotel. Bellman can help (if they so desire) transport material to the steps leading to the vending area, BUT BELLMAN CANNOT ENTER THE EXHIBIT HALL. This is why we strongly recommend a Thursday arrival and load-in.
- The Thursday vendor load-in address is 725 South Wabash Avenue, Chicago IL. There is no dock to pull into upon arrival, so unloading will take place on the street with hotel and union supervision and assistance. On Friday this load-in system goes away. Additional Thursday information and instructions will be forthcoming.
Please know that you may leave your products in your booth during the Convention as we will provide 24-hour security for your convenience.
Vending Sales Hours are as follows:
- Thursday—4pm -9pm
(This may be a light day for sales, as attendees will be arriving).
- Friday---9AM - 11pm.
VENDORS CAN STOP VENDING ON SATURDAY OR SUNDAY, SO PLEASE READ ABOUT THE DIFFERENCES BELOW:
REGARDLESS OF WHAT DAY YOU STOP VENDING AND LOAD-OUT, THE SATURDAY END TIME IS 9:00 PM. THIS IS BECAUSE THE SATURDAY LOAD-OUT CANNOT HAPPEN WHEN THE PUBLIC IS IN THE EXHIBIT HALL, IT’S A SECURITY AND FIRE ISSUE.
- Saturday close and load-out will be at 9 p.m. On Saturday there will be union labor load-out help, so vendor’s merchandise will be taken up to the street on Wabash Avenue. Vehicles will be able to park on Wabash Ave. to load them there. The goal is to have the Saturday departure vendors out and finished by 1:00 am. Sunday departure for vendors will be different.
- Sunday departure is the opposite of the Friday load-in in that on Sunday there is no union help, so vendors must depart through the hotel. Again, only Bellman can use wheeled carts in the hotel, and cannot bring the carts onto the Exhibit Hall Floor. Consequently, vendors will be responsible for moving your merchandise from your booth to the top of the Exhibit Hall steps. If you can hand-carry your boxes, you are free to do that and won’t need a Bellman. ONLY BELLMAN CAN WHEEL BOXES AND CASES THROUGH THE HOTEL.
In conclusion, SD 2013 in Downtown Chicago is going to be a wonderful and historic event. Our vending protocols are a little different, but that’s what happens with change. We look forward to serving you the entire weekend, and we pray that Allah (God) will bless us with overwhelming success. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me directly by e-mail at email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling toll free at 866-602-1230 ext. 200.
We thank you so very much for your ongoing support and we look forward to serving you with an abundance of Joy, Love, and Brotherhood as we celebrate one of the Greatest Saviours’ Day Weekends in Our Nation’s History. Happy Saviours’ Day 2013.
May Allah (God) continue to bless, comfort, and to strengthen us all in this critical hour.
Brother Fontaine Muhammad
Saviours’ Day Vending Coordinator 2013
Your Brother In Faith